Saturday, January 10, 2004

End of RD&S?

I went to RD&S yesterday, possibly for the last time. They are not saying what is going on, but it appears they have no new location and are closing down. As many as a hundred Mac CPU's have disappeared, probably to the recycler. Many working monitors and laser printers have been placed on the discard pile. Refurbishing and donation work has pretty much ceased. I rescued 8 printers (mostly ImageWriters) and 6 Macs (mostly compacts).

Between RD&S and the classroom computers at my wife's school, I've neglected the donation computers and they have been piling up. So without RD&S I should have time to resume giving away Mac/printer combinations to students at the school. Eventually I will have to choose between keeping the rental storage unit, or cutting back on the amount of equipment I keep around. But for now I just need to get back into the mode of giving away several Macs a week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?